Venetian Star


I've encountered an amazing modular origami star, called Venetian Star, while scrolling down on Pinterest. I was so mesmerized by it that I really wanted to fold it. I went diagram hunting and I've seen this site: https://origamitutorials.com/
I was happy, because I thought that I'm going to see how this star is made. Unfortunately, the tutorial just explained how hard is to assembly an 11 layered star and it made some hints about the sizes used for the papaper.  So, the diagram remains in the British Origami Society's book called "Origami Europe" (you can buy it from Amazon).
Since I really wanted to fold one of these lovely stars, I tried to reverse engineer it and the result is pretty close to the original. I am very happy with my 5 layered stars (8 units each layer) in blue, turquoise and green colors.  The units started from 4 cm and gradually went down to 1.5 cm while skipping the 3.5 cm size.

Comentarii

Postări populare