Christmas in Red and Green

This is my first post for this year. Usually, I am finished with the Christmas models when I start a new year. 2023 is a little bit different. Since there was not even a snowflake in December and the temperature was around 10°C I do not feel that that the Winter holidays are over. I am still waiting for Winter to come, and I am keep folding Christmas ornaments such as this one. 

The kusudama is a combination between Kiyoko Kusudama (designed by Flaviane Koti) and Tornillo (designed by Paolo Bascetta). I have the same model, folded in the same color combinations (red and green), designed for a different holiday - Saint Valentine's Day. Isn't it amazing what a paper pattern can do? You can fold the same model with other holiday flavors just by choosing other paper patterns even though you keep the same colors.

This time I went big... I folded the Tornillo base from 30 squares of 15cm x 15cm and the Kiyoko modules from rectangles of 7cm x 24cm.

Model: Kusudama Kiyoko
Designer: Flaviane Koti
Diagram: http://terapiadopapel.blogspot.ro/2013/08/foto-diagrama-e-curiosidades-da.html

Model: Tornillo
Designer: Paolo Bascetta
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-tornillo.html

Comentarii

Postări populare