Valentine's Kusudama


You can say that I am late with my Valentine's Day post. But I can tell you that I am early with posting this lovely kusudama for the Dragobete's Day. Dragobete is a traditional Romanian holiday celebrated on February 24. It is known as a day for lovers, like Valentine's Day.
Since I last browsed Wikipedia about this holiday it was updated with new information, so I found out an interesting fact: "the day when the birds are betrothed".  The bird from my kusudama arrangement is waiting for her betrothed.
When we say love, we think at red hearts (or blue one, depends on the mood). But even though the bird is waiting, the mood is good, so all the hearts from the kusudama are red: the ones from the pattern of the paper and also the ones from the quilling parts. First, I wanted to make the quilling hearts green, to have a little bit of contrast, but after all I preferred to lose them into the kusudama Kiyoko's paper pattern.
Since a long time ago I missed folding kusudama Kiyoko (designed by Flaviane Koti) and its combination with Tornillo. I tried this combination in green and pink. It was a lovely fold, the biggest challenge being how to match the paper sizes. I had the same challenge now, because I wanted to make the model bigger so that the heart pattern of the paper to be visible. I used modules folded from square papers of 10 cm for Tornillo and rectangular modules of 15 cm x 5 cm size for Kiyoko.
I accessorized the kusudama with a Mandarin bird, as I lately do with almost all my models. The bird is sitting in a "nest" made from a Dinara flower.


Model: Tornillo
Designer: Paolo Bascetta
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-tornillo.html


Model: Kusudama Kiyoko
Designer: Flaviane Koti
Diagram: http://terapiadopapel.blogspot.ro/2013/08/foto-diagrama-e-curiosidades-da.html  


Model: Dinara
Designer: Marcia Moura
Diagram: http://www.origamichile.cl/gui/diagramas/pdf/dinara.pdf


Model: Mandarin
Designer: Simon Anderson
Tutorial: https://www.paperkawaii.com/origami-bird-tutorial-mandarin-or-seagull-simon-anderson/


Comentarii

Postări populare