Christmas kusudama ornament

On a frosty winter day, filled with sun, I finally managed to make a couple of pictures to this Christmas origami arrangement. I've been folding some of Masha Athanasiadi kusudama models for a year now, since I've discovered her book: "Kusudama Bouquet". I like a lot her designs also because are easy to fold and they do not hide a lot of paper behind the layers. For this arrangement, I have chosen to fold the Astrantia kusudama. I just adore the small curls that decorate the inner white stars. I folded it once, this Summer, using different colors and patterns for the paper. The difference is soo big!

Next to the kusudama, I added an origami Christmas Tree made from 5 modules. You can find the tutorial on my blog here. I added at the top of the tree a red lucky star. I finished the decoration with 2 adorable mandarin birds and two diamond-shaped paper models.

Red, green and white with a tint of gold - the perfect colors for a Christmas decoration.

Model: Astrantia
Author: Masha Athanasiadi
Tutorial: Kusudama Bouquet Book 1
No of modules: 30
Paper size: 10cm x 10cm

Model: Christmas Tree
Diagram: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/11/tutorial-bradut-de-craciun.html

Model: Mandarin
Designer: Simon Anderson
Tutorial: https://www.paperkawaii.com/origami-bird-tutorial-mandarin-or-seagull-simon-anderson/

Comentarii

Postări populare