In reverse - Hana no Kusudama


Once upon a time I had a pleasant cup of tea while admiring a pink bouquet of flowers. The pink bouquet was never alone, it had a twin (well, almost a twin) planned. The origami paper was cut for both of them at the same time, the first modules were folded toghether. At a certain moment in time, one of them went on fast forward and the other one just paused.

One sunny Summer day, 12 pink flowers magically popped-up from a drawer, so I knew it is the perfect moment to deliver the last brother in order to complete my idea.
At this time, I had 5-petals origami flowers, made from pentagonal sheets of paper.


Then, I started searching until I reached the bottom of the drawer and I extracted 60 modules of David Mitchell's Electra model. They were light green, the same color as the middle of the flowers. I assembled them.


Then, I went to a pink box where 30 other origami flowers (4-petal ones this time, made from square sheets of paper) were resting. I extracted and glued them on the Electra base, near the pentagonal ones. The model started to take the shape of a kusudama. The base was almost hidden.


In order to hide the base completely, I had to add 20 curled modules. They look like leaves, cute light green leaves.


So, for this Hana no Kusudama model, I had to cut 164 pieces of paper. 24 pentagonal, 20 triangular and for the rest of them, just simple squares. They were grouped as following:
- 60 squares, size: 3.5 cm, color: light green, model: Electra (designed by David Mitchell), tutorial on my blog
- 20 triangles, size: 4 cm, color: light green
- 30 squares, size: 4.5 cm, color: different shades of light pink, used for the 4-petal flowers
- 30 squares, size: 3.5 cm, color: light green, used for the middle of the 4-petal flowers
- 12 pentagons, size: 9.8 cm, color: pink, used for the 5-petal flowers
- 12 pentagons, size: 4.5 cm, color: light pink, used for the middle of the 5-petal flowers

I promise that I will come with a tutorial for the 4-petal flowers in one of my following posts, and why not, maybe for the 5-petal flowers as well.

Comentarii

Trimiteți un comentariu

Postări populare