Poppies in my garden


I wanted since last year to fold again some origami poppies. I just adore this flower and all my previous models went astray. So, I prepared the paper. I had to choose from 3 different shades of red and I went with this one. I think it fits this model. The flowers are modular, each one is composed from 4 pieces: two red (9.8 cm x 9.8 cm), one black (6.5 cm x 6.5 cm) and one yellow (5.5 cm x 5.5 cm). There are 12 flowers in the kusudama and another flower is hanging from the thread at the bottom of the arrangement. The kusudama has a base made from Electra modules - 30 of them, each from a 7 cm square piece of paper. I filled the empty spaces between the poppies with 20 leaf-like flowers made from 9.8 cm squares.

The downsize of this model is that you have to shape the modules using scissors in order to obtain the round margins. In origami this is a big no, but I broke the rules for this particular model because the result is so cute.

You have to forgive me because I went a little bit technical in this post. While looking back at my poppy kusudamas, I saw that I don't have to much information about the origami paper sizes, so every time I am folding this, I just have to guess the dimensions. That's why I thought that it was the time to write down some sizes.


Model: Poppies kusudama
No of flowers: 12 (4 pieces each)
No of leaf-flowers: 30 (1 piece each)
Tutorial:  http://stranamasterov.ru
Base model: Electra
No of modules: 30
Designer: David Mitchell
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2012/04/tutorial-electra.html


Model: Poppy
Designer: Oriland
Diagram: Origami Land



Comentarii

Postări populare