A bunch of poppies and a little bit of grain


It is the middle of the Summer. The wheat is ripe, the poppies are already preparing for next year. So, this is a good time to immortalize them in a kusudama. Twelve poppies surrounded by grain.
I made a little bit of quilling for this arrangement. I have here origami modular poppies and quilled poppies.

The most complicated part of this model was the quilled wheat. There are over 40 straws, each of them having at least 5 grains. Unfortunately, they are hidden very well among the flowers. But the quilled poppy is visible since it is glued to an origami frame. It also took me a lot of effort and patience to make this model. My quilling skills are a little bit rusty these days. I really like how the poppy I made for this jewelry box looks, more than my current model. The flower is too big, or at least this is what I think. In her tutorial, Inna provided the lengths for the paper strips, but not the length of the petals (or maybe she did, but you have to print the pattern to know the size). I used as a pattern a real poppy, that's why I ended up with a giant result (even though it was a small poppy).

If you want to know more about the kusudama, you can visit one of my previous posts: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2020/07/poppies-in-my-garden.html Here I have instructions related to sizes and number of pieces.

Enjoy the pictures!


The tutorial for the origami poppies can be found here: http://stranamasterov.ru


The tutorial for the quilled poppies can be found here: Inna's Creations




Comentarii

Postări populare