The Mu Family


origami cow diagram

This is the happy Mu Family. It consist of Mama Cow, Father Cow and two adorable Mu children. It started with the Father Cow, that I folded while watching this youtube video called: "Fun and Easy Origami - How to Make Paper Cow". My first thought was: why is this called easy origami? The head was pretty hard to make, the folding instructions were not very clear, or I just didn't payed enough attention to them. But the result was so cute that I folded the second one (Mama Cow). The things went a little bit faster this time. I said that I should make a couple of pictures of the origami folding process with my phone to help me for the future origami cows I want to make. I used a black marker to make the spots, the eyes and the nostrils. I used glue to fit the head on the body.
The children are very fond of this cute origami cows so you can try folding one for them and you will see a large smile on their face. Origami models are nice presents for children. You can say that they are very fragile so you should not offer them to little ones. You are partially right. But it is a perfect way to teach them to be gentle with things and careful not to break them. If they wrinkle the model or tear it apart and they regret the action, you can always fold another one (this time together with them) and show them how hard you are working to realize something hand-made and how easy it can be broken.
Happy Children Day!

origami cute cows

I have a pseudo-tutorial for this adorable cows (the pics were made using my phone and at the moment I had no intention of posting them on my blog, so sorry for the quality). I will use it for future foldings, since I am not a fan of origami video tutorials (as I said before).
So, the head:

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

The body (which is much more simple than the head, maybe you should start with it if you want to give a try to this adorable origami little cow):

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

origami cow tutorial

Comentarii

Postări populare