The Mu Family - Into the Clouds


One of the cute cows from the Mu Family woke up one day with the wish to touch the sky. She jumped on the back of a purple kusudama and flew away on the wings of the wind. She encountered grey clouds that were fighting with the sun for sky supremacy and they won in the end. At least for that day. The cute origami cow was very happy that her dream came true. She continued her flight forgetting to return home.


The kusudama used for this post is a variation of the Great Stellated Dodecahedron (or simpler, Tornillo) origami modular model designed by Paolo Bascetta. It is a pretty simple design, with 30 pieces, that can be assembled without glue, as you can see in my tutorial. Since it does not necessarily look like a flower (so that it can safely be called kusudama) I am using it more like a base for origami flowers (modular or not) or for quilling flowers. This time I have chosen to make some quilling flowers (12 pieces) and to glue them on the origami model.
The flowers are white with light-purple middle instead of a yellow one. I wanted to make them like this, to match the origami paper that is just adorable with the tiny daisies on the purple background. Before Easter I bought some Crelando origami paper from LIDL. At first, I was not too happy with it, because the colors were not very intense, and it had a lot of big patterns with bunnies and flowers on white background. I was comparing it with the one I've bought a couple of years ago, also from LIDL. But I made a lot of pretty models with it, including this one so in the end I can say that it worth it.



Model: Tornillo
Designer: Paolo Bascetta
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-tornillo.html
No of modules: 30, 3
Paper size: 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm


Model: Origami cow
Designer: ?
Tutorial & video-tutorial: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-mu-family.html
Paper size: 9cm x 9cm




Comentarii

Postări populare