Purple Spring



When I opened my browser to write this post, I had in mind a nice story about a kusudama and a willow tree. But then, blogger just redirected me to the new way of writing posts (or maybe not such a new way for some of you, just for me). I really don't like it and I am wondering if this is because I am familiar with the old way or just because I don't find what I need in the new layout (maybe it is not even there). It is sad that when you get used to something, it just changes...
Never mind all that. Let's go back to origami. In my previous posts I've tried this model with different colors (blue and pink) and I wanted to try it again using purple (or maybe things were just the other way around). Same model, different colors... amazing change. I adore them both and I am happy I've found the Loblevia flower - a modular design of Valentina Minayeva. This flower is perfect in combination with a small variation of the Great Stellated Dodecahedron designed by Paolo Bascetta (or simply put: Tornillo). So, there are 12 flowers, every flower has 5 modules. Then, there are 30 modules from the Tornillo base. The kusudama is accessorized with 5 Loblevia flowers, 1 photo frame, 4 leaves, 2 small Tornillos (of 3 pieces each), some beads and ribbons.
Since it is Spring outside and I just found out an amazing willow tree, I couldn't help myself but to put the kusudama in the tree and make some sunny pictures this way. I could also have named this post: "The Wind in the Willow Tree", but I prefer to see only the sunny part of the day.

Model: Lobivia flower
Designer: Valentina Minayeva
Tutorial: https://stranamasterov.ru/node/1112743
No of modules: 5
Module size: 5cm 



Model: Tornillo
Designer: Paolo Bascetta
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-tornillo.html
No of modules: 30, 3
Module size: 7.5 cm


Model: Photo frame
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.ro/2014/01/tutorial-mini-frame.html
No of modules: 4
Module size: 7.5cm



Comentarii

Postări populare