Paper rosettes



I was asked to make a couple of paper rosettes for the decorations of a baby baptism party. The interesting part is that I received the paper for the rosettes, and it was Japanese with traditional patterns. A couple of the patterns were with samurai and geishas (copies after old paintings). It was a challenge for me to fold this paper, I would have liked to admire it all day long instead. I was afraid that the samurai and geishas will not be visible enough after the folds. But since this was a fan-like model and I have fans with this kind of drawings on them and they look pretty nice, I tried to overcome my fears and I started folding the first piece of paper. After breaking the ice, everything went smoothly and this is the result.
I am very found of the rosettes, especially of those with cranes (both the cranes with red wings and the origami-like ones) and those with sakura patterns. What are your favorite ones?










Comentarii

Postări populare