Summer rainbow

Small boats traveling into a sea with rainbows and fishes. The Summer is almost ready to make room for the next season.

I think this is my last post with boats and fishes for this year. I want to fold other models as well, but I just adore this cute origami fish design and I can't stop folding it. 

So, when I had to make a couple of simple paper mobiles, I choose to fold boats and fishes again. Both models are made from a single sheet of square paper. The boat is made from a big one, 21cm x 21cm. You can DIY using my tutorial if you follow this link. Please be patient and scroll a little in the post, in order to see the images containing the steps for the boat. I used a thicker paper instead of the traditional origami paper.  

The fish is folded from a small piece of printer paper, 9cm x 9cm. It is a model from an old NOA Magazine, designed by Paul Jackson. It is a cute one, but it is not symmetrical, meaning that if you turn it on the other side, it does not have an eye and the tail looks funny.

Since these mobiles had to contain small surprises, I used fox boxes to encapsulate them. These boxes look very nice and are pretty easy to make. Each of them is made from 3 paper squares of 10 cm x 10cm size. The only drawback is that when you open them there is a big chance to wrinkle the paper and it is very hard to put it back together again. 

I accessorized everything with lucky stars. It is always good to have an extra stroke of good luck.

This was the perfect summer gift for a couple of playful children.

Model: Simple boat
Author: -
Tutorial: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2021/08/sailing.html
Paper size: 21cm x 21cm

Model: Fish
Author: Paul Jackson
Tutorial: NOA 108
Paper size: 9cm x 9cm

Model: Fox Gift Box
Designer: -
Tutorial: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2020/11/fox-box.html
Modules: 3
Paper size: 10cm x 10cm

Comentarii

Postări populare