Flowers and Bunnies Memento

I am a person that adores souvenirs. Whenever I travel, I like to immortalize it by taking pictures, or buying little things that are representative for the region where I go, such as postcards, magnets or keyholders. Until a couple of years ago, I even used to have a "Crane's Journey" traveling album that I posted on my blog. 

For this year's holiday, I wanted to try something different. I created a small paper mobile as a memento. It started with the desire of making a kusudama arrangement from plumeria flowers, but it deviated to this version. 

The most difficult part was to make the plumeria flowers - all 12 of them to look identical. I tried two different models, one from a diagram I found on the internet, and one derived from the origami flower "bells" I folded last year, both in pink versions or purple version. I decided to go with the last model for the kusudama and with the first one for the individual flowers (mostly because I had them already folded and it was a pity not to include them anymore in the design). I used white sheets of paper and I colored them in yellow to match the flower pattern after I cut the pentagons. I used an Electra base (designed by David Mitchell) and traditional origami lily to fill the rest of the kusudama. 


Even though I folded 2 sets of plumeria flowers, I am still not content with the end-result. But I am pretty happy with the little jasmine flowers, and I am sure I will fold them again pretty soon. To add a cute note to the paper mobile, I added two origami rabbits, designed by David Shall, with a very nice tutorial made you can find on the happyfolding channel on youtube.

Enjoy the Summer and don't forget about your souvenirs!

Model: Rabbit
Designer: David Shall
Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsMbfubpvCg

Model: Jasmine flower
Designer: -
Tutorial:  http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.ro/2013/09/tutorial-floare-cu-4-petale.html  for 4 petal flower (made from square), this one is made from a pentagon.

Base model: Electra
Designer: David Mitchell
No of pieces: 30 modules
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2012/04/tutorial-electra.html

Comentarii

Postări populare