Origami Hearts for Valentine's Day

When you folded so many origami hearts for Valentine's Day, what should you fold next? More origami hearts, of course. This time, I have chosen two kusudama models designed by Mio Tsugawa: Bloom and Wa. 

Kusudama Bloom can be made both from paper squares and paper circles. It is an easy model, with 24 modules. It requires glue and a lot of patience to wait for the glue to dry in order to assembly it. You can find the tutorial on my blog for the version made from squares. I prefer the version made from paper circles as you can see here. I found a cute muffin paper with red hearts pattern. 

Kusudama Wa is another design of Mio Tsugawa, from the ribbon kusudama family. It is made from 30 strips of paper (ratio 1:4). The assembly is again with glue. I only folded it once, a long time ago, in the purple version. I like how the paper curls in small origami hearts for each module. I have a picture with the diagram for it, it is a low-resolution picture and the instructions are in Japanese. After I folded the model and I compared it with the purple version, I saw a couple of differences: the obvious one is because of the colors used. The origami paper without patterns puts more accent on the heart-shaped modules. The other difference is a structure one: the new version is missing some curls at the module's intersection. 

With this post I end the hearts avalanche on my blog.

Model: Wa - heart version
Designer: Mio Tsugawa
No of modules: 30
Paper size: 4cm x 16cm (ratio: 1: 4)

Model: Kusudama Bloom
Designer: Mio Tsugawa
No of modules: 24
Paper: muffin paper
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2010/12/kusudama-bloom.html

Model: Double-sided heart
Designer: ?
No of modules: 1
Paper size: 10cm x 10cm
Tutorial: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2018/02/tutorial-origami-double-sided-heart.html

Comentarii

Postări populare