Christmas star box

 

I folded two cute origami stars. One modular, one not. Both 3D. One having a secret (it is actually a box), one having a pentagonal window in the middle. You can find the links to the video tutorials for them at the end of my post.

Both stars have the same height, even though I did not think of that. The modular star is made from 5 square sheets of paper having 11 cm. I used a paper with star patterns on a side and a simple red color on the other side. It can also be made from a simple paper, but it looks much better like this. At a first glance, the Puffy Star looks very similar with the Estrela model, designed by Isa Klein. But after a second glance, you will see the difference. First, I though that I folded it in the past, but what I really folded, was Isa Klein's design.

The Star Container is made from an A4 paper.  It is designed by David Brill and the diagram can be found in his book: "Brilliant Origami". I had to use both the video and the diagram in order to finish the model. I also ruined 2 sheets of paper, because I did not find it very intuitive where should I make some folds.

The Origami Puffy Star was easy to fold and easy to assembly. The Star Container, on the other hand, it was almost easy to fold, but pretty hard to inflate. It was not easy to close the lid either. But it is certainly a model I will make again.

If you are not yet emerged into the Christmas spirit, not even after I talked so much about Christmas stars, I invite you to listen to the Star Carol, click here, scroll down and look at my origami models from the past years.

Model: Origami Puffy Star
Designer: Salman Ebrahimi
Video tutorial: youtube
No of modules: 5
Paper size: 11cm x 11cm
Paper type: duo-color

Model: Star Container
Designer: David Brill
Diagram: Brilliant Origami book
Video tutorial: https://www.origamispirit.com/2015/11/origami-star-box/
Paper size: A4


Comentarii

Postări populare