Origami Snowmen


I think you've got bored of so many Christmas Wreaths, since my previous posts are all about them.
So this post will be about snowmen, origami snowmen. I saw this model a couple of months ago, the paper snowman in the jar, and I thought that is a perfect fold for Christmas and for Christmas presents.
I searched for the diagram of a modular icosahedron (I wanted to make an origami paper model, not a paper craft one). I found one with 5 modules, easy to fold, hard to assembly, but it worth it. Then it was a challenge to get the measures right, for both the body and the head. The first snowman folded (it is not in this picture) had the head too small. Then, the second snowman (together with the hat) was too big for the jar and the lid wasn't closing. I though that I should let the hat away, but I liked it more with a little bit of red. For the body I used 7 cm squares of paper, for the head 6 cm squares of paper and for the hat 8.5 cm (it does not fit very ok).
I went shopping for bigger jars, but I didn't found any. I was pretty disappointed, but then I saw this glasses... with little snowflakes printed on them. They had the perfect height and a lovely shape. Of course I was on a rush when I assembled them and I had to make the pictures just before sunset, but overall I am happy of the result. They made fine presents.





Comentarii

Postări populare