Christmas Wreath


 I had an old Christmas Wreath made from artificial fir branches and I wanted to re-decorate it since the old ornaments were broken. So I took a golden paper (bought from DM a couple of years ago) I was keeping for suitable Christmas models (because it is very thick and slippery) and I made the 5-pointed stars using this tutorial: https://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/5-pointed-origami-star.html 
I always wanted to try these stars since the first time I saw them. I folded modular ones that were similar. When I encountered this tutorial I was worrying a bit because the model is made from a pentagon and usually I don't manage to cut the pentagons without small errors. But this time I manage to obtain perfect pentagons and it was a pleasure to follow the instructions.
Shuzo Fujimoto is the design of this wonderful origami star. The star has two different models on each side. The back side of the star is duo-color if you are making it from a duo-color paper. I don't have any pictures with the other side of the star, but maybe I will post some in the future.


The funny thing is, that when a friend of mine saw the wreath, she asked me how did I manage to make the stars so perfectly angled. I explained: this happened because I made them from pentagons. Since people are used with me making modular models she did not believed me that the model is not made from 5 pieces. I had to make an ad-hoc demonstration to convince her.


The wreath is perfect to hang outside on the entrance door, wouldn't you say so?

PS
5 days until Christmas!

Comentarii

Postări populare