Happy Valentine's Day

The oldest love poem

The first written poem ever found was about one very complex emotion: love. Named The Love Song of Shu-Sin, it was discovered during excavations in the Mesopotamian region. The poem sat untranslated for a number of years until archaeologist Samuel Noah Kramer came across it while translating ancient texts.

Bridegroom, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet,
Lion, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet.

You can find more about the evolution of love poems here. 

In the light of the first part of my post, the love poem quoted, I should have fold some lions. Since there are no origami models with lions with pocket presents, nor oldest love poems with bears I 'm choosing to mix-up the animals. Afterall, what's cuter than receiving a small bear present on Valentine's Day?

Model: Polar bear with pocket
Designer: Kamikey
Video-tutorial: youtube
Paper size: 15cm x 15cm

Comentarii

Postări populare