Pink sunshine


Once upon a Spring, I made a purple kusudama from a Great Stellated Dodecahedron (Tornillo) base and Passiflora modular flowers, with 5 modules each.
When I first saw the model Flower Dream, designed by Valentina Minayeva, I thought of that purple kusudama. The origami flowers look very similar. Both are modular and curled. But since in the first model, they are individual flowers, that can be assorted with anything, in this model, the petals are embedded in the base of the kusudama. This means: less modules to fold (only 30 instead of 30 modules for the base and 60 for the flowers). And if you have a duo-color paper you are very fortunate.


I have chosen pink shades for this arrangement. I had some pieces from the Tulip Kusudama I've folded a couple of months ago and I used them together with modular roses. I have combined Spring flowers with Summer flowers. I usually don't do that, but in this context I am happy with the result.


Do you like this origami bird? It is called Bird of Paradise (Ave del Paraiso) and it is a model designed by Andrew Hudson in 2010. You can find the diagram in the magazine 4Esquinas no 9 (Revista latinoamericana de origami). The bird is on the cover of this magazine and it is made from a red paper (not duo-color). It looks very cute. I made the bird with the pink duo-color paper I used for the kusudama. I also doodled a little on the paper after I folded it. I tried to add some flowers and leaves with black ink.

As a side note, besides the Bird of Paradise model, the magazine has other nice diagrams, such as: Flor de Lis by Polo Madueno, the squirrel from Ice Age (designed by Sergio Guarachi) and a dog by Jason Ku.


I want to thank Valentina Minayeva because she gave me the diagram for this amazing Flower Dream kusudama design.


Have a nice day, full of sun and joy!

Comentarii

Postări populare