Playful kusudama - blue


 Blue mood? Nope, just playing with colors. I am not very found of blue, so when I start a new model I prefer to skip this color while choosing the papers. This time, when I went through my stack of folding paper, I've discovered that I have a lot of blue sheets, so I said: let's use them!
I used two shades of blue in order to make this arrangement. The lighter shade I've used for the tornillo base and terminations and the darker one for the flowers. 
There is a center piece made from the Spring Bird designed by Viviane Berty (the model I've used also in my previous post).
Tornillo is the Great Stellated Dodecahedron designed by Paolo Bascetta. It is a simple modular origami model containing 30 modules. It does not require any glue at the assembly. That's why it is just perfect for being used as a base to add paper flowers on. For this particular piece I choose to add Ella Deley's flowers. They are modular origami flowers made from 5 modules. They are a little bit curled and I really like how they look in combination with Tornillo.
I'm ending my post with a part from a poem written by Russel Sivey about blue flowers.


Model: Ella Deley
Designer: Uniya Filonova
Diagrama: http://stranamasterov.ru


Model: Tornillo
Designer: Paolo Bascetta
Tutorial: http://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-tornillo.html


 Soft tantalizing petals
Of the perfect flower
Giving peace and calmness
Over life’s ongoing agony
Hope brings a mind’s eye
Visions of love’s heart
Talks of simple past
Greater than perfection
Living an unpredictable life
Not knowing where you’ll be
Blue Flowers- Russell Sivey

Comentarii

Postări populare