Sunflower



There shouldn't be a summer without sunflowers I said once. So here we are, this summer's sunflower is a crepe paper one, perfect for a bride to use instead of a bouquet. Maybe you've got a glimpse of it in one of my previous posts: https://cridiana-origami.blogspot.com/2019/07/summer-vibe.html

Sunflowers symbolize happiness, adoration, loyalty and longevity. They are bright and cherry. Since sunflowers are considered to be a symbol of good luck, they are the perfect touch for a summer wedding day, especially when the wedding's theme is a rustic one.

Did you know that the sunflower is native to North America (3000 BC)? Then it went to Europe, around 1500 and then it came back to America by the late 19th century. You can find more information here: https://www.sunflowernsa.com/all-about/history/  I am amazed whenever I find out that some plants being so representative for my country's cuisine are actually just acclimatized from other regions. I wonder what would have done Florin Piersic in his movies with Mărgelatu if there wasn't for the sunflower seeds?


Comentarii

Postări populare